Monday, October 5, 2009

Trusting in THE Sovereign Shepherd

One thing that I have been struggling with lately on a more superficial level is frustration with trying to plan our wedding long distance. See, I'm the sort of girl who likes to grab a project like this by the horns and carry it all the way through to completion. Because of that, it can be almost agonizing sitting here in Ohio, feeling like there are things that I need to be doing and not being able to because I'm long distance. But if I think about it in a more general, yet deeper level, this is something I struggle with quite a bit in many aspects of my life. I'm the type of girl who wants to plan every last detail of everything, and it makes me restless if things are left up in the air.

God is so faithful to teach us as we actively seek Him, though. This week for our small group Bible study, we were studying the unique attributes of God, with two of our foci being His sovereignty and His provision. As I was reading through Psalm 23, He really impacted me with the truth that He already knows every little detail of my entire life. His plan is perfect, will only benefit me and not harm me, and absolutely nothing that will ever come up has not first passed through His loving discernment as to its appropriateness for my spiritual growth. What a freeing knowledge it is that rather than worrying about details that I cannot yet impact, I am liberated to spend each moment of the present loving and honoring Him with all my heart! How wonderful to know that we do indeed follow a good and sovereign shepherd.

No comments:

Post a Comment